Nearly 100 interstate miles to become more visible thanks to GDOT
For Immediate Release:
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Contact: Kyle Collins 478.232.3331
District Two Communications
Over 100 interstate miles becoming more visible thanks to GDOT
TENNILLE - Georgia DOT recently awarded three contracts covering almost 100 interstate miles of restriping for better night visibility and safety.
These projects cover portions of I-20, I-16 and I-520 in the 27-county east central Georgia region and equal just under a $7 million investment in well-defined lane striping. The following projects have March 31, 2022 expected completion dates.
- I-16 from east of State Route (SR) 26 at Exit 39 to SR 29 at Exit 67
- $3.886 million contract awarded to TRP Construction Group
- I-20 from west of SR 44 at Exit 130 to the SR 22 overpass at Exit 148
- $2.380 million contract awarded to Peek Pavement Marking
- I-520 from north of Gordon Highway at Exit 3 to east of Deans Bridge Road at Exit 5 toward Peach Orchard Road
- $497,000 contract awarded to TRP Construction Group