Workforce & Education 2018
Name: Workforce & Education 2018Date: January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018Website: http://www.dublin-georgia.comRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
The Dublin-Laurens County Chamber of Commerce has partnered with our local schools to develop our “Students in Business Program.” This unique career training program will enhance the educational experience of students participating in the Career, Technical, Agriculture Education programs in our schools.
Why are we doing this?
Every day we hear about the struggles local employers have finding qualified workers. The goal of this program is to create a stronger workforce by exposing students to real-life work conditions and opportunities.
Select students from the various programs will spend two days visiting businesses related to their field of study. The program is very structured and will give students insight into:
- Career paths available
- Skills needed
- Educational requirements for a future in their field of study
- The variety of jobs/professions in various businesses
- Salary expectations
- Job market opportunities now and in the future
- Real-life work conditions in today’s industry and manufacturing facilities
- What professionals think they can do to prepare themselves
If you or your business is interested in sponsoring or participating in this program, please contact Heath Taylor at email@example.com