- Our Community
- News & Events
- Economic Development
- Member Center
- ABOUT US
The Dublin-Laurens County Museum is operated by the Laurens County Historical Society. The Historical Society was founded in 1967. The museum was housed in an old library, a Carnegie Library. Scottish-American businessman Andrew Carnegie donated money so that communities (and universities) could build libraries. There are almost 1,700 such libraries in the United States, built between 1883 and 1929. Dublin’s library was built in 1903 and 1904.
There are numerous exhibits within the spacious interior of the museum. There is information on early inhabitants, Native Americans, and on local Confederate soldiers. The docent on duty will greet visitors with a brief history of the library, and its life as a museum. The Dublin-Laurens County Museum is located at 702 Bellevue Avenue.
For more information, visit http://www.laurenshistory.org/.